Sendinblue tracker is meant for tracking all the events related to your users occurring outside of Sendinblue (such as pages views on your website, orders in your back office etc.).
The tracking of the events on Sendinblue has been automatically enabled for you when you subscribed for Marketing Automation. You automatically track:
- email openings
- clicks in emails
- contact addition to a list
We provide two ways of tracking your events. Depending on the context you may use one or the other, or both together.
- It will automatically track your users based on cookies ;
- It will automatically identify the users who have clicked in your emails ;
- It will automatically track every page views.
This is the most straight forward implementation if you need to track all the events happening on your website. All you have to do is to setup a short JS snippet on your website and we will start tracking your user along with the page views for you.
If you're using one of our plugins (Wordpress, Prestashop) or Google Tag Manager it's even easier and you don't required any development to get the tracking working.
The RESTful Tracker is useful if you want to track events on server side or in a client that is not a browser (e.g.: a Mobile App). In that case you'll have to identify every users in every call while passing their email addresses.
Combine the JS and the RESTful Trackers
For example you can use the JS Tracker to identify and track users behaviour on your website and the RESTful Tracker to track the orders on server side.
To get started with Sendinblue Tracker, all you need is:
- a Sendinblue's account with the feature Marketing Automation enabled
- if you want to use the RESTful Tracker, your Tracker ID - Tracker ID - The Tracker ID helps us authenticate your account. You need to pass it any time you want to interact with our Tracking System.
Get them both from Automation > Settings > Tracking Code.
Updated 4 months ago